[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: E-mail Address in WEB Browser

Jeff Weinstein writes:
> Christian Mogensen wrote:
> >
> > >Actually, the "From:" header is an optional part of the HTTP spec that no
> > >browser I know chooses to send, in any fashio, with its requests.  The
> >
> > I think you'll find that many browsers do send From (Netscape is just one
> > of them) with HTTP requests.  It depends on whether you have set up your
> > e-mail address in the user preferences.
>
>   Netscape does not send the From: header with HTTP requests.

  What I would like to see is a configurable chunk of things to send or not
send.  Right now I don't think there is any way to turn off the sending of
Referer in any browser but Emacs-W3.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

  Emacs-W3 allows you to configure several levels of privacy.  You can
selectively turn off the sending of the Referer header, the From address,
and the OS section of the User-Agent string.  Would be nice to see a row of
radio buttons in netscape 2.0 to control something similar. :)

-Bill P.

Follow-Ups: References: